Monday, June 29, 2015

Thrifty Finds

I enjoy browsing style blogs and Pintrest for outfit ideas. But nine times out of ten, if I like something, and follow the link, it's a dress from Saks for $399. That's not in my budget, and even if it were, I still wouldn't feel comfortable buying it (unless it was for a really really special occasion). So at a very early age I began to shop thrift stores. I have been a Goodwill shopper since I was able to shop. Thrift stores meets so many needs. You don't have to love it for life, so it's a great place to pick up trendy pieces. And better yet, you can chop up pieces and sew them into new clothing! What could be better? My favorite thing about thrift stores is that you can find unusual vintage pieces (unfortunately I am beginning to realize my childhood wardrobe is now considered vintage). 

My top places for non staple thrifty clothing are Ross, Marshall's, Old Navy and Goodwill (or any local thrift stores I may find.......and I'm not too cool to bring a coupon to Goodwill).  I love Forever 21 but am too tall for most of there clothes.  It's perfect for accessories though! Feel free to add to the list in the comments below. I'm always up for a new place to bargain shop!

This is my new favorite top from Ross. Only $9. Woohoo!



             The jeans are from Gap, a good place for staple jeans (link here). 








Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your favorite thrifty shopping sources!

1 comment:

  1. Thrift shopping is my favorite too. There is so much satisfaction in finding something one of a kind at a bargain!

    ReplyDelete