Wednesday, July 1, 2015

6 Essential Summer Beauty Products



Everyone has their little beauty secrets that they swear by. I am no exception to this. We all have our reasons why we do what we do. It may be a grandmother who swore by this product or a friend who has beautiful skin. Whatever the reason, it seems to me, if you have one that is so good, it must be shared! So here are my top six products that I love for summer as well as year-round beauty.


Coconut oil can be used for everything from stir-fry to makeup remover. I am a huge fan of coconut oil. Because I color my hair, it is often dry and fragile. Sleeping with a coat of coconut oil on your hair makes a visible difference the next day. Just don't forget to cover your pillow with a towel. I also use coconut oil to wash my face. No soap......just the oil and a warm washcloth. It makes makeup slide right off and leaves your face moisturized without clogging pores. Try it and see if you don't love the way it feels. Most jars cost about $6 and last forever!


Salicylic acid scrub works wonders on razor burn. If you are like me, summer and swimsuits come with the dreaded bikini line razor burn. This product has changed my life. The brand is up to you as long as it is a scrub with salicylic acid. I use it every morning in the shower and it prevents redness and ingrown hairs. This tube was under $4.



This hairspray is supposedly a secret of the stars. Found at almost any Walmart or Target, L'Oreal Elnett is an incredibly good spray if you want hold but you don't want the look or feel of hairspray (which I hate). If you brush it, however, it's gone. So don't brush through after you spray unless you are starting over. It's that light. This was the priciest at about $14.


With this next product I feel like I'm giving away the trade secret to soft skin.......or at least giving away my old friend's secret. Many years ago my good friend told me she used baby oil all over in the shower before she dried off. I have used it ever since. I love it that much. It's great for your legs after shaving, perfect for extra soft skin in the summer when all that pretty skin is exposed. Plus, it smells great! But be careful not to slip in the shower! Buy the generic for under $3 for a huge bottle.


In the summer I want to go without makeup.....but my age is showing so I don't like to go without any makeup. Olay Pore Minimizing CC Cream with sunscreen is tinted and won't clog pores. It does seem to minimize the look of wrinkles...... whether it has a long term effect I'm not sure. But it's light weight and has sunscreen so it's a great alternative to wearing foundation. About $10-15 depending where you buy.


Moroccan Moisture Argon Oil is amazing for split ends. I use it daily on the drier parts of my hair to minimize the look of breakage. I'm very sensitive to greasy things in my hair and this product is not greasy. In fact I put it on the ends and it does exactly what I want it to do and leaves the hair light and  clean feeling. Around $5.


Thanks for stopping by and checking out the blog!
 I would love your comments on affordable beauty secrets of your own!

If you enjoyed the blog please spread the word and share on social media by clicking a share button below!

No comments:

Post a Comment