Monday, July 6, 2015

5 Ways to Style a Denim Vest

This is my first denim vest. Yes, they were in style when I was younger and yes, I am wearing them now. But I think denim is exempt from that rule (except stonewash). The title of this post was originally three ways to wear a denim vest. But, as evidenced by the pile of clothes I now have on my bed, I simply could not stop at three. In fact, what I found is almost every outfit is improved when paired with a denim vest. Layering  tends to make things look more put together and is difficult in  summer because of the heat. The denim vest is the answer my friends! I purchased this one from Ross. If you run, you too can have one. But I also linked two other vests here (from Target) and here (from Gap). 


denim vest outfit

1.Pair it with a patterned sundress and some neutral wedges. 

denim vest outfit

2. Pair it with patterned shorts, a tank and sandals.

denim vest outfit

3. Pair it with a maxi and sandals. If you own a maxi with little form on top, the denim vest creates a feminine shape.

denim vest outfit

4. Pair it with a patterned tank, white shorts and wedges. (This might be my favorite!)

denim vest outfit

5. Pair it with a bright solid colored swing dress and sandals.


These are only a few of the outfits I tried and loved. I could hardly narrow it down to five! I highly recommend the purchase of a denim vest .....it could potentially double your wardrobe. And if it's been in the back of your closet, perhaps you will move it to the front and give it the love it deserves!


Thanks for stopping in! 
Feel free to leave comments and follow me on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment