Monday, July 13, 2015

3 Ways to Style a Kimono

3 ways to style a kimono

About six months ago I started sewing again. It had been about oh ......say....ten years give or take. Yeah... I'm not what you would call a "seamstress". But I love anything that I think I might just be able to do myself. So I was inspired by this little "kimono" top tutorial (link here). It made this sound so easy (I debated writing "sew easy"). The directions literally said, "cut out two rectangles". How hard could that be? It really was easy and if you choose a knit fabric, you don't even have to hem the edges, it won't fray! Soooo.....if you have a sewing machine and have been avoiding taking it out for a while, this is the project to kick-start your return! Or if you have always wanted to learn how to use the darn thing....this top could not be easier. 

Below I have shown 3 ways to style your newly made (or bought) kimono. I see them almost everywhere and they make a great summer layering piece. 

Enjoy!

ways to style a kimono


So this one I made out of an aztec print from Joann Fabrics. It can be dressed up or down but here I paired it with cut-offs and sandals. Perfect for a casual outing!

Jean shorts American Eagle last season similar here. Camisole by Fossil many seasons ago and kimono by me!


ways to style a kimono


This fabric is also from Joann's. Shown here I dressed it up with some neutral heels and dark skinny jeans.

Kimono by me! Jeans from Gap, link here. Shoes from Forever 21 last season. Similar here.

ways to style a kimono

I think this is my favorite. Styling the kimono with a gray tank and boyfriend jeans is comfy yet stylish!

Jeans from Gap (similar link here). Tank from Forever 21 ($1.90 and they last, I have one in every color) and kimono from Ross last season.

So to make your search easier here are a few of my favorite kimonos all under $50. 

Thanks for stopping in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment