Monday, June 22, 2015

Pintrest and Finding Your Style

I read recently about finding your own personal style. The suggestion was, in a nutshell, to find your top ten enduring  pieces and see what sort of style they speak to. I followed the advise and found all of my favorites were solid classic pieces most in gray, navy and white but with bright colors mixed in. I prefer texture to patten.....linen, denim, chambray. I shy away from pattern because I know I will tire of it quickly. Those are the less expensive impulse buy items that don't get a place in my top ten. I think it was helpful to see the favorites all lined up. I recommend the exercise to find out what is and is not worth spending your money on.

Pinterest is full of outfit ideas for every age and body type. If ever I am stumped as to what to wear to an occasion I go and look at all of my favorite style pins. I pinned this photo (link below) on Pinterest about two years ago. It spoke to me then as it still does today. I like the simplicity of it. Pairing the skirt with a muted gray t-shirt makes it feel more casual. My thinking was, if I have enjoyed the picture for two years, it's safe to say it's my style. Or perhaps that's just how I justified another shopping trip!

Pintrest favorite (link here)



The skirt is from Old Navy (link here) and the t-shirt is from an unknown origin so I will post a similar link here











 Thanks for stopping by! I welcome your comments and suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment