Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Little Red Dress

  I am a shortcut taker when it comes to crafting and sewing. I do not like the tedious. But when it comes to clothing, I am also likely to tire of a dress before it falls apart. So it makes sense to shortcut steps like finishing inside seams etc. Patterns? Forget it.  So when I found Merrick's Art tutorials, I felt I had hit gold! This pretty lady makes beautiful clothing.....but she doesn't use patterns.....at least not the traditional types. She lays out an older dress or skirt, cuts out parchment paper to use as a guide, and voila.... her own simple pattern. I could handle this. So this red dress is a combination of one of her tutorials (link here) and my learning how to do a basting stitch (tutorial here). The gathered part of the dress eluded me before and it was so easy. Enjoy!





  The handbag is from Banana Republic ......it is out of stock so I'll link a similar style here. Necklace from Icing (similar here for $5!). Sandals from Gap (last season).






















No comments:

Post a Comment